Govan Law Centre
- Latest news Latest information and legislative updates relating to debt and money, including changes to emergency COVID19 laws
- Solutions to money worries Options if you're concerned with unexpected bills, making ends meet or debts getting out of control.
- Rent Arrears Tenancies, what to do if you can't pay your rent or being evicted, and the law during coronavirus.
- Mortgage Arrears What are your options if you are struggling to pay your mortgage.
- Loans, credit cards, bank accounts & overdrafts These are common forms of unsecured debt, not attached to your car or home. What to do if you can't pay them.
- Car finance The law if you buy a car with a hire purchase agreement (HP) or personal contract purchase (PCP) agreement.
- Council tax arrears Council tax is an annual charged paid to your local authority. Reductions, discounts and arrears.
- Energy debts: gas and electricty What to do if your household energy bills are too high. Solutions if you are struggling to pay for gas and electricity.
- Care Costs An overview of the law and guidance relating to the cost of care & support services.
- How to use this site How to find information on this site to help you with debt or money problems.